Towards Renewal - Annual Conference 2015
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2015
Towards Renewal’ - a conference for all youth workers and playworkers on 16-18 October 2015, at the View Hotel, Eastbourne
Who is this conference for: This conference is open to both Unite members and those working within children’s and young people’s services. It offers a major opportunity for the training and professional development of a wide range of practitioners, managers and policy makers. There will be opportunities for training, and development, networking and sharing good practice. The conference will also offer a varied choice of workshops and opportunities to discuss policy with interactive Q&A sessions with a varied range of guest speakers & facilitators.
Book your place here!
We have created a programme geared to advancing the occupational and professional development of youth workers and play workers and the programme will include the following topics:
- Targeted youth work - working with young people at risk - Vanessa Rogers
- Lessons from Rotherham: Preventing Child Exploitation - Graeme Tiffany, FDYW
- Working with Young people and aware of Sexual Orientation and identity - Chris Dye
- Social Citizens: Getting Young people Voting and lessons from Scotland - Sawsan Bastawy, Bite the Ballot
- Working with young people to create for positive relationships – Vanessa Rogers
- Detached Youth work and Crime – Graeme Tiffany
- Safeguarding and building resilience - making the right choices – Chris Dye
There will also be opportunities for debate, plenary sessions and roundtable discussions.
Book now as places are limited!